At Booth King our team are our greatest asset. We offer new colleagues an opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding organisation with common goals. This is truly an exciting time for Booth King as we continue to expand across our three offices in Ramsbottom, Manchester and Edinburgh.
We constantly strive for excellence and this is achieved through mentoring from our experienced directors and senior engineers. Booth King prides itself of the ‘family feel’ it has achieved from its family business roots and through its continued development of the Investors in People standard: offering regular performance reviews, flexible core working hours, a cycle to work scheme. All of which promotes a health and wellbeing work life balance. We also offer an ‘Income Protection Scheme’ in case of serious illness, a Death in Service benefits scheme and as of November 2016 a workplace pension.
Booth King enables a career progression that supports and encourages employees their time with us. In 2004, Alan Isherwood started with Booth King as an apprentice engineer. Following a BSc, a PgDip and Chartership, all funded by Booth King. He now heads up our Edinburgh office as associate. Like Alan we hope your career with Booth King may be a long and happy one.
Latest job vacancies
Please note that we do not use recruitment agencies.
Revit/CAD Technicians required
Two positions available
Location: Ramsbottom Office
Salary: to be confirmed
Reporting to: The Directors
With supervision, you will be expected to:
· Prepare general arrangement drawings and details for a wide variety of projects using AutoCAD and Revit.
· Prepare bending schedules and placement drawings showing reinforcement details.
· Prepare some basic calculations when necessary.
· Attend design team and site meetings.
· Visit site to check details or resolve contractor queries when necessary.
· Liaise with other members of design teams such as Clients, Developers, Contractors, Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and Planning Supervisors to assist in the development of designs from early concept/scheme stages onto Completion.
· Assist other members of staff in the use of Auto-Cad and Revit.
· Assist engineers on occasional surveys or inspections.
The person must be reliable, enthusiastic, punctual and conscientious whilst displaying common sense and flexibility. They must be able to work under their own iniative and be open to in-house training and guidance.
These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the business.
For further information and to apply please contact Business Administrator – Gill Hardman email@example.com or 01706 822022.